(Very) Early Images

The following are extremely early images from my final project. Much of the work I have done for the project is currently in the form of pencil sketches as there is much construction involved in the idea and I'd rather plan it very well before I build more intricate props. For the sake of the assignment, however, I made the following exposures in order to demonstrate a basic semblance of the concept I wish to execute in the coming weeks.

This is meant to appear unendingly plain in order to encourage the viewer to dismiss it as such.

This scene represents desires within the person, and is repressed, as demonstrated by the shuttered window.

This scene is meant to represent peacefulness and reflection within the person, hence the open window and calm, blue décor.

This scene is meant to encompass envy within the person, utilizing the ever-cliché and often quite useful green colour to convey that idea and a safe to represent a desire to possess many things.


Through the development of my project, I've discovered that it will be greatly beneficial to make use of the colours of the rooms as carrying agents for symbolism, such as green to represent envy and blue to represent peace and so on. Additionally, I've learned that the windows within the various rooms can play a role as well. By shuttering some windows, and fully opening others, I can convey the idea that the person represses certain aspects of their personality within themselves. I have also discovered that building the necessary props for the project is going to be much more difficult and time consuming than I had originally thought. Who knew it would take a half hour to make a rocking chair from foamcore?